Thread: My New 20D
View Single Post
Re: My New 20D
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
R_Fredrick_Smith
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.162.234.198

Well if you work in quiet environments, you'll find that the shutter release makes a lot more noise than the 10D did. Slow CF cards make more of a difference on the 20D than they did on the 10D, so the newer faster CF cards are a plus for the 20D.

Some of the best things are the instant on and the ability to shoot RAW only or to shoot RAW + JPEG (choose your own size). Keep in mind, that the RAW file still has a 1524x1024 JPEG imbedded in it, even if you shoot RAW only.

The joy stick makes zooming and panning a photo much easier.

You have much greater control of the WB if you want to use it and the joystick helps there also.

The burst modes are much superior and quite useful from time to time.

Beware of the optional grip for the 20D as many of them are flawed as Canon is now admitting. I never use the grip however, because I think the camera feels just fine without it.

It appears to use a bit more power than the 10D, so you may want to buy some extra BP511 clones (I buy mine at SterlingTec for $11.95 each (1800mah)).

Its the best camera I've ever had.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith